Scholarship grants (minimum amount $30,000) are available through Global Grants. Fifty percent of the grant comes from District Global DDF funds and the remainder from the World Fund.
Global Grant funds for scholars are subject to the following conditions for eligibility:
- The scholar’s chosen university is located in an international district
- The scholar is seeking a scholarship for graduate-level study
- The scholar’s area of study and professional goals further one of the Seven Areas of Focus
- Global grants may fund a scholar for a terms ranging from one to two years, covering tuition, room and board, etc. for the duration of the grant.
- At the time of application to District 7610, the scholar must be prepared to provide a provisional letter of acceptance to his/her chosen university.
- A formal letter of acceptance from the university will be required at the time of submission of the scholarship application for approval by Rotary International.
The District maintains a district level application process including both a written application and in-person interviews. The application process for a Global Scholar Grant begins with a club submitting a proposal to the Grants Committee. If approved by the Grants Committee, the club submits a proposal to TRF. Upon receipt of TRF acceptance, the scholar submits a grant application. Both the proposal and application submission are completed on-line.
For additional information or to initiate a district application, contact the District 7610 Scholarship Chairman, Ted W Hussar at email@example.com.